Stromberg CD 150 CDSE auxiliary Jet

bowen1650

Can someone please tell me what the red arrow in the attached picture is pointing to.  I would like to replace it, but don't know what it's called and haven't been able to find anything that might describe it in a parts diagram.  

post-1769-0-05900800-1462212242_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Bill Owen

'73 Triumph GT6

Have a look at www.buckeyetriumph.org good details about strombergs

while you have them stripped check the seal 0 rings on the temperature compensators and turn the nut to

close the plunger , it needs to stay closed for normal temperatures and only bleed air when getting too hot

if its open at normal you cant set the idle or mixture due to the confinual air bleed past the throttle

so if in doubt its better these are always shut its a emmission device to weaken mixture when very hot

so get them closed

pete

Have a look at www.buckeyetriumph.org good details about strombergs

while you have them stripped check the seal 0 rings on the temperature compensators and turn the nut to

close the plunger , it needs to stay closed for normal temperatures and only bleed air when getting too hot

if its open at normal you cant set the idle or mixture due to the confinual air bleed past the throttle

so if in doubt its better these are always shut its a emmission device to weaken mixture when very hot

so get them closed

pete

Hi Pete,

Apologies for jumping into this thread. I have these compensators on my Strombergs, could you point me in the direction to instructions on how to close them please.

Thanks & Regards, Ken

Ken, like wot Pete said www.buckeyetriumph.org will tell you all you need to know. Even if you close the plunger the O rings may still be leaking, so first replace them. The TCs can be taken off the carbs without interfering with the plungers or the TC internals, so replace the O rings and see what difference that makes.

Ken, like wot Pete said www.buckeyetriumph.org will tell you all you need to know. Even if you close the plunger the O rings may still be leaking, so first replace them. The TCs can be taken off the carbs without interfering with the plungers or the TC internals, so replace the O rings and see what difference that makes.

OK Thanks....

you can remove the darn thing completely and cork the port up for good.

take it off  just two screws , remove the plastic cover (two screws)   you will see in the boss at the end is a plastic plunger  

tickle it and see if its open allowing air through

to close it just screw the small nut down its post to add load to the bimetal spring and seat the plunger 

i dontt care how much but get it closed 

the O rings seal the device to the carb and as Doug says if these are shot then air is dragged in where you dont want it

there;s little point in getting all techy about them, yes there is a controlled method but for most of our needs   shut means shut 

Pete

you can remove the darn thing completely and cork the port up for good.

take it off  just two screws , remove the plastic cover (two screws)   you will see in the boss at the end is a plastic plunger  

tickle it and see if its open allowing air through

to close it just screw the small nut down its post to add load to the bimetal spring and seat the plunger 

i dontt care how much but get it closed 

the O rings seal the device to the carb and as Doug says if these are shot then air is dragged in where you dont want it

there;s little point in getting all techy about them, yes there is a controlled method but for most of our needs   shut means shut 

Pete

OK Thanks Pete. The rubber o ring seals are new so I intend to shut the valves permanently...cheers