gt6 spring to herald

i have just bought a s/hand gt6 swing spring and front anti roll bar off ebay which the seller said would fit a herald and which i hope to refurbish and fit to my 13/60.they were quite cheap so i thought they were worth a punt

am i going to have any problem fitting them?,the spring has two long leaves and two medium and one short

cheers

Having had one on my Vit6 it sat too .low and the shockers bottomed out

cetrainly no load ability or 4 up.

what you will have to do is plug 2 of the 6 stud holes with a 3/8unf threaded whatever , when stripped down check as most of the 6 holes dont go through to the oily side

And make a bracket to fit the backplate with a sharp bend bundy witha revised brake hose or the spring eye will chop the brake pipe when at road running height,

pete

try them out, see how it works out. probably not great if you carry people in teh back, but I had a swingspring onm my vitesse, that carried the kids in the back, towed a caravan, toewed a trailer FULL of stuff and never bottomed out. Experiences vary!

hi, i will get the modified brake hose brackets along with the studs to block off the holes and new bushes ,buttons etc from canleys hopefully  .i paid about £75 inc postage for the spring and anti rollbar which is a considerable saving if it all works out ok.i do not carry passengers in the back so that should not be a problem

cheers