horn/relay problem GT6

lincolnsix

Every few months my horns stop working. The relay- original Lucas - clonks away but no horns.

I have cleaned the relay contacts, tried a new wire from the relay contact to the horns also a new earth and changed the relay for a new Maplin one still no difference.

The steering column has the proper wire at the u/j coupling and the wire from the rack to the block.

I have a Mota Lita wheel with the horn push working properly, and am getting 12v from the purple wire to the relay contact.

I have run out of ideas,   thanks in advance for any help       John 

I have still not got anywhere,  again I have run a separate wire from brown/yellow relay contact direct to horn(s) and a new earth to the horns, all the terminals are shiney clean.  The relay still clonks away when you try the horn push --- and I 've tried a new relay.

I cannot understand why the horns have suddenly stopped, the 12v live feed is oviously o.k. and the hazards are o.k.

Have any of you electrical wizards any other ideas?             Thanks very much,     John

Do the horns work? Connect temporary wires (jump leads?) to the +ve and -ve battery terminals. Then put them across each horn (the right way around!)

If the horns work try it with just the +ve wire.

If the horns work disconnect the +ve, connect the -ve and try the horn button.

This should tell you where the problem is.