Engine hoist loan (or buy)

ndc1234

My son's pride and joy, Dolomite 1500, has blown up its engine. :(  He's sourced a replacement but we need to hoist it in. If anyone can load us a hoist (or sell if inexpensive), he can get it running soon within his limited budget. I've looked into hire, but he will need more that a week, which costs the same as a new purchase

I can collect from around Leamington, Warks

I bought a one ton crane few months ago.

From Foxhunters online via Ebay

It was only £109 something and carraige free for UK (I paid extra carraige as I live off shore)

You would be most welcome to borrow it but the logistics would be impractical!

It is really good quality.

Even folds up -so takes up very little room

It has helped lift spitfire body off chassis and then used to lift and tilt chassis for outrigger replacement -

so no need to buy ir make a "rotisserie"

Andrew

• Like 1

I bought a one ton crane few months ago.

From Foxhunters online via Ebay

It was only £109 something and carraige free for UK (I paid extra carraige as I live off shore)

What was your extra carriage? I tend to get ripped off with postage costs, I had to cancel the purchase of a large sandblaster recently as the 'free carriage' ended up as £85 to Northern Ireland and this was almost 20% of the purchase price. It usually detracts from any value of buying an item in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies-Only just noticed your post, Colin

The carraige was £I4.95.

This was exceptional as the thing was really mighty heavy.

Carraige costs to IOM seem very varied and irrational - some firms don't even want to know,others want to charge massive amounts and some are even free-This was one of those pleasant surprises.

sometimes firms dont even know where IoM is ! - even confusing it with the Isle of Wight ( or Isle of "White" as one parcel was addressed which amazingly did eventually find us!)

Manx Independent Carriers have set up "Ship2man" recently.

You register with them and then when you buy some heavy bulky item in UK it is sent to their UK hub in Kirby Lancs (ie a Uk address) then for a small fee sent by boat and delivered to your door in IoM.It works well.

if such a system extended to NI it would help you .

if not , a business opportunity awaits for someone perhaps?

Andrew

• Like 1