What to do with my old rotoflex driveshafts.

brian GT6.

So my GT6 has now been converted to lovely new CV joint driveshafts and polybushes in the suspension along with Gax adjustable dampers. 

I can't wait until the spring and the salt goes so I can try it out to see if it feels different.

However, That means I have a whole set of old driveshafts along with rotoflex donuts still attached to them.

Are they worth anything if I put them on ebay? Should I keep them so that if someone wanted to put the car back to 100% original they could (although God knows why they would want to undo probably the best change you could do to a gt6)??

Hello Brian.

I will be following suit next month with my Vitesse and of course will have the old Rotoflexs to pass on.

Doubt very much anybody in their right mind would want to revert to this system, although that said a lot of "Rotoflex Owners" will keep this set-up and of course will look for spares over a period of time.

The Triumph & MG Spares Day is looming and if you are going to that, it could be a good venue to sell on as it will avoid postage for a prospective purchaser. Perhaps an online advert via TSSC could do the trick.

The alternative is via EBay and I am sure you will have seen used prices anywhere between mild & wild and in addition the postage will be significant; so a lot depends on how much of a return you wish to achieve. As you will never be using them again it's an academic question and you may be happy to help out a fellow "Rotoflex Owner" and hand over for free.

If you are a member of CT then those options are also on the table.

Failing the above then perhaps an advert with PC, CM, CCW or CMM may be another alternative.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck.

Richard.

Doubt very much anybody in their right mind would want to revert to this system, although that said a lot of "Rotoflex Owners" will keep this set-up and of course will look for spares over a period of time.

I doubt many owners will 'revert' once they have the new setup given the cost of initial purchase, however there will be enough purists who will want a replacement set of axles to recondition off the car whilst keeping the car on the road using the original set. I'd sell them on but bear in mind the postage costs - could be high - and of course make sure you advertise them as used with the added caveat that the seller understands they are worn and sold for reconditioning rather than immediate fit.

• Like 1