Need some AntiFreeze

68spitfire

Hello

If you are quick this is a good price and the right stuff and should be free delivery

523770471.jpg

TRIPLE QX Blue Antifreeze/Coolant 5Ltr

http://www.eurocarparts.com/basket

Roger

I needed some as I have a new radiator / hoses etc. Just bought exactly the same from Eurocarparts via amazon for £13.49. Eurocarparts are selling it direct for £19.49, both with free delivery. No wonder our economy is a mess!

Iain.

At what intervals do you change your coolant / AF mix then, when using the long-life product ??

Regards.

Richard.

Hi,

This AF is florescent green and good up to 5 years or 150K miles. 20% mix for winter should last a long time.

I only run AF during the winter and swap to water and corrosion inhibitor around this time so its long life is not the reason I utilize it; I have mixture of metals in my heavily modified cooling system that I believe this coolant can protect.

post-1147-0-76775700-1494348028_thumb.jpg

The Ankorsol inhibitor will protect at very low dilution levels and allows me to run 98% water for maximum cooling during the summer.

post-1147-0-72142900-1494348839_thumb.jpg

IMHO, the cheap blue stuff is cheap and I believe the additive package is cheap. Excellent freeze protection though.

Cheers,

Iain.

Thanks Iain.

I thought the inclusion of AF helps to reduce the boiling point level and as such this assists with its cooling properties; along with its other benefits ??

Regards.

Richard.

Hi Richard,

The AF has a higher boiling point, but its thermal property are poor compared to water.

Straight Ethylene G or Polyethylene G are an excellent antifreeze when added to water. On their own they are not and the freezing point is actually raised above 60%?.

EG and PG both have no anti-corrosion properties when mixed with water, hence the additive packages and their limited life span.

I use the anti-corrosion additive as I believe 2% is the recommend mix ratio and I have nice water to remove the heat. No good in freezing conditions though.

Water is the best liquid to conduct heat and promote corrosion without anti-corrosion inhibitors being added to the mix. These wear out. unfortunately, water freezes around zero C and expands when it does so. 4c is when water is least dense I believe?

Cheers,

Iain.

Thanks Iain, very interesting information and certainly plenty to look in to.

Your coolant components - are they a mix of aluminium, brass, cooper and mild steel; hence the necessity for the fluid properties you have mentioned on reply #30 ?? 

Regards.

Richard.

Don't think this has been mentioned, the correct antifreeze also effectively lubricates items such as the water pump bearings. If you use plain water for long & not run the engine, the shaft will corrode & the pump can become noisy/fail .. I speak from experience & wont do it again !

Thanks Iain, very interesting information and certainly plenty to look in to.

Your coolant components - are they a mix of aluminium, brass, cooper and mild steel; hence the necessity for the fluid properties you have mentioned on reply #30 ?? 

Regards.

Richard.

Hi,

All the above. Aluminium radiator is the big difference from a normal Triumph.

Cheers,

Iain.