Triumph Vitesse front suspension squeaks

I've just noticed recently that when I drive over an uneven surface I get what I can only describe as 'squeaking' coming from the front suspension. I haven't yet managed to isolate where it's coming from but I'm assuming it's something to do with the shock absorbers or springs? Any other potential sources that I should look at?

Thanks

Robin

could be any of the bushes :(

I would try squirting wd40 or similar on each bush etc in turn, see which one it is. Probably worth looking for witness marks too, see if any of the nuts/bolts are turning. And indeed, check all for tightness.

Squirted the bushes with WD40 as suggested ...and the squeak has gone!!

I'm assuming that it may come back at some point so if I do need to change the front is it a complicated job and are poly bushes the way to go ?

Thanks

You can change the top shocker bushes with car on its wheels

there is no spring load in the shocker shaft, undo the nuts and push shaft down below the turret extract the bush through the spring coils fit new onto the shaft and pull ot up thro the turret hole fit top bush and washer and nuts

dont jack it up a little will open the coils , but dont unload the spring or you will need to geta spring compressor to re assy the spring and shocker

I have a compressor for our area if you need or prefer to drop the coil unit off the car

pete

you, need thin fingers