Spring lifter required?

Having rebuilt the front suspension on my Herald due to the condition of the bushes, the rears are looking like they will need replacing too.

In order to do this, do I need a spring lifter, or is this possible without?

I might look at replacing the diff mounts as well, as I can't believe they are in any better condition, does this mean dropping the spring and diff, or would that just make it a lot easier? I'm thinking the latter.

Not a big deal, as I need to replace the diff nose oil seal anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

yes just a gentle jack under the upright will work fine on a non rotaflex suspension  

changing the rubbers can be a challenge doubt the two rear ones need changing and getting the long thro bolt out

can be amusing !!

the big uns on the front mount , if the diff drops hangs  low enough then yes if it fights you to a standstill no they wont and needs diff dropping out which means spring released 

while youre looking at the oil seal check the 4 bolts holding the front carrier these should be a wedgeloc bolt   IE the shank is tapered shank as hole in brkt is bigger than the 3/8" thread

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-132856

if these come loose you lock the propshaft  with a big   ouch !!

Thanks for the feedback both.

Sounds like I can forget the spring lifter for now.

I haven't had a close look at the diff bushes, but seeing as the diff will need to come out at some point, I may just try and replace the bushes.

Thanks again

Karl