Over spray removal

Paul H

Hi - When I purchased my Vitesse there was a lot of over spray - just getting round to sorting it - I think I need rubbing compound but looking for recommendations. I have wet and dry - Ive got , 600 , 1200 & 2000 grade wet n dry .

As ive never done this before so any advice , resources would be welcome . On the pic the overspray should be visible on the bottom of the doors , lower bodywork - its a lighter blue than the Valencia Blue ( though think the car is not the proper Valencia Blue - code 66 ) - 

Paul 

overspray.jpg

ive used a G3 rubbing compound , its not too aggressive 

maybe use a mop on drill ?? 

even a wipe with thinners can remove soft , its  much dependant on whats under  the over spray

another idea take car to a paint factors get it scanned and make up a matched aerosol   and  re blow over the mismatch

club shop can get paint match from scanning but need a small part to send to the paint shop,

Pete

• Thanks 1

I'd go with 1200 wet and dry ( used wet on a flat block then polish with Farecla G3 as Pete says. If it's heavy using G 3 alone will take an age. If you have a compressor get yourself one of these 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-DUAL-ACTION-ORBITAL-AIR-SANDER-POLISHER-5PC-FOAM-POLISHING-SPONGE-HEAD-KIT-/271826681665?epid=1182515051&hash=item3f4a21ff41:g:w9EAAOSwX61ZL~HV

do put good quality making tape along any edges so you don't burn through them. Take it slow & easy. 

• Thanks 1