Fuse Box upgrade Vitesse Mk2

Paul H

Hello Paul.

I have fitted one of these to my Alpine, albeit a 4x blade unit, for a few extras.

It's a neat bit of kit and to date is working well - I'm not certain if it was this seller I purchased from but that is academic.

Worth measuring the area available for mounting the box to ensure you have the space and that the mounting surface is flat. Additionally the feed lead needs to be of suitable amperage to cover the demand required by the box.

Regards.

Richard.

Paul

I'm not sure of the location and fitting of the fuse box on the vitesse but I have a thread on here about my fuse box replacement on my GT6 with a 10 led lit spade fuse box  This had rear connections on the box so replaced the standard Lucas one albeit that the hole needed some enlargement

Maybe some useful info on fuse sizes if nothing else 

Aidan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dave.vitesse said:

A positive improvement on the existing arrangement. Don't forget the in-line fuse under the dash by the regulator/control box.

Dave

Whilst this upgrade is in the planning stage I am including changing to an alternator which will remove the need of a regulator - Is this assumption correct ?

Paul 

Paul.

Does that space allow for the wires exiting the fuse box and also the curve of the wire as it is routed accordingly ??

Along with your electrical task, will you be incorporating any relays such as the headlights etc ?? If not, now is the time to do that or you may already have them in situ.

Regards,

Richard.

1 hour ago, classiclife said:

Paul.

Does that space allow for the wires exiting the fuse box and also the curve of the wire as it is routed accordingly ??

Along with your electrical task, will you be incorporating any relays such as the headlights etc ?? If not, now is the time to do that or you may already have them in situ.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard - Wiring from old fuse box to new fuse box is fine see pic, some cables might even need to be reduced in length.

Only relay in place so far is "old style" can be seen in pic and its for the overdrive. I plan to add relays for the headlights ( includes conversion to halogens) + relay for fog/spot lamps which arent fitted yet . The plan was to locate these 3 relays close to the lighting area . Do I need any more relays ? Whilst I havent allocated fuses yet should be ok with 10 fuses 

Regards

Paul 

fuse box location1.jpg