Dynamator fitted to replace C40L

Paul H

Vitesse Mk2 

Hi changing Lucas C40L to Accuspark Dynamator and the fan belt is too tight - Fitting the belt with the original Dynamo was very difficult and the only way was to remove one of Dynamo securing bolts and loosen the other  and wiggle the belt on and tighten - and it was tight , now using the same method the Dynamator is even tighter to the extent you can ping the belt - As far as I know im using the correct belt see pic .

5aef0f9c3d2cb_fanbelt.thumb.jpg.2a519ac2a5b4fbecb5d99f5503ea69a8.jpg

I need to purchase a longer belt and not sure where to start 

I dont suppose they can be stretched using a press or something similar 1 " would sort the problem

Thanks in advance 

Paul 

dynamator.jpg

1 minute ago, Anglefire said:

If I remember correctly, isn't the last three or four numbers the length? so 11.25" compared to 10.88? or is that just my brain having a fun time playing tricks on me?

Mark, Yes its the length, Metric I believe.

Dave

25 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Paul, There were two lengths of the fan belts fitted on the Mk1 Vitesse.-  GCB11125 to HC79636. From HC79637 GCB11088. The factory change the pulley size on the dynamo.

Looks like you need the longer GCB11125.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the info and makes sense .Mine is a Mk2 Engine No HC 55521 HE though looks like Ive got the larger pulley - Leacey Bros have them in stock 

Best regards

Length is correct  GCB 11088 = 1.088 metres  - this is internal circumference.  

GCB11125  = 1.125 metres 

In English the difference is 1.46inches which will make all the difference 

Thanks all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1