Interior light position

Dolomitejohn

Hi all

Anyone know where the interior light *(drivers footwell) fits on a mk3 gt6? Also the odometer reset knob bracket. Mine are just hanging down.   I am missing most of the heater ducts and right hand parcel shelf so sure if that's reason there appears to be nowhere to fit them. 

Thanks all. 

John 

John,

Ah yes, mine bits also used to dangle. On my GT there is a hole in the support piece for the RH "envelope" shelf close to the steering column, this is for the odometer reset knob. The ignition courtesy illumination light used to be on a bracket off the footwell air vent. However I've put a second hole in the support piece and put in an LED footwell light, this illuminates the ignition well enough and I've put an LED in a similar position on the passenger side.

Doug

scouring my folders of pics, best I can come up with are these two. might help you out. the dash picture is from Lindsay Dearings beautifully restored gt6 hope he doesn't mind me sharing it, you can see the position of the trip reset winder, and the other is the ignition key light doesn't give much reference as to where but must be near the ignition switch.Hope it helps.

lindsays with tr7 column switches ind on right.jpg

underdash key light.jpg

Hi doug

Thanks. 

Trouble is I have no hose duct brackets, only 3 duct hoses, no y pieces and no shelf on drivers side.  Good job Stoneleigh triumph show coming up.... 

Think I am going to need some help or photos of how things go.  The parts book is too schematic like..... 

John 

Hi ian thanks. I see I actually have the little bracket that the light is in but on mine the odo trip knob is attached to it but just dangling..... 

I will. Go check again this afternoon and see if I can at least get one of the 2 in the correct place... 

Thanks ian

John