GT6 MK3 Reverse lights - no gearbox harness !!!

Dolomitejohn

Hi All.

Following on from my Nightmare Electrics post below where lots of good advice was posted (thanks all),   I have managed to get everything working except the reversing lights.

Having checked the fuses and the wiring and bulbs at the rear of the car I decided to remove the tunnel (need to come out anyway)  to check the reverse switch connections.....only to find no wiring to the switch.  I understand the circuit and can make my own new harness but my question is ........where is the gearbox harness connected to ?  I can see any unused connectors under the dash.

The only spare connections I have found are:

1) black wire by passenger door A  post. Round female bullet connector.

2) 2 female round bullet connectors under bonnet just above fuel pump.  I have not yet checked the colour of these or shorted them together to see what happens.

Thoughts???

Thanks

John

Gearbox harness connects to a couple of bullet connectors near the fuel pump, on a spur from the main harness as it passes down the bulkhead to the chassis (or along the valance on some). There should be a green wire and a green/brown. If you have overdrive, the green also provides power for that.

They're on the bulkhead, coming off the main wiring harness where it lies along the top, and then go in over the top of the bellhousing (so I suppose close enough to the fuel pump as Rob says.)

I'm presuming you don't have overdrive, as the O/D unit in the later cars takes the power straight from that, so if you don't have one, you won't have the other.