Vitesse rear diff leak

Gengis

Hi I have a leak from one of my diff driveshaft flanges where the 4 bolt are.  Can this be rectified with the diff still in place. If I disconnect the driveshaft and undo the 4 flange bolts will that square housing come off. Thanks

yes an alan key thro the coupling holes and pull the shaft assy out,

the problem comes as you have to pull the bearing off the shaft to change the seal in its hsg.  they can be very tight , dont forget to pop the circlip off 

if you have a drag with cups that fit the small gap between brg. and housing ...good  , if not you can grip the brg. in a vice and whack the shaft out

which is a fight and can damage the bearing .

it may just pop off but be prepared for a fight .

pete

On the TR diff you can break the bearing housing down by  bolting the two  output flanges back to back.

I have not done this but it was explained on the TRR TR6 Forum about two/three years ago.

Roger

I don’t think it’s the outer seal that’s leaking, that’s dry it’s where the outer housing with the 4 bolt meets up to the diff housing. Looks like it’s just sealed with a silicon sealer. So if I undo the 4 Allen key bolt I should be able to resell this. Is that correct. I should say this is a diff that has been rebuilt 3 years ago but not been used until now so all gaskets and seals a new

Hopefully the Allen Key bolts will give-up easily - I would certainly look to give them a fighting chance by applying Plus Gas a few hours before wrestling with them.