Rocker gasket Vitesse

Paul H

Hi any tips how to hold the cork gasket in place when refitting the alloy rocker cover . Every time I do it I get a leak mostly at the rear of the rocker cover 

The alloy rocker cover might look the part but with no retaining groove it’s a pig to get the gasket right 

Paul 

dont use cork on alloy covers get a lifetime neoprene one from club shop  not sealer it just stays flat in place 

( guess who started that design off with garth ) 

they do  them  for  4cyl and 6 cyl. covers you cant use them in a tin cover thats def.  Cork or similar 

Pete

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

dont use cork on alloy covers get a lifetime neoprene one from club shop  not sealer it just stays flat in place 

( guess who started that design off with garth ) 

they do  them  for  4cyl and 6 cyl. covers you cant use them in a tin cover thats def.  Cork or similar 

Pete

Hi Pete thanks for neoprene gasket idea . Will purchase when I visit the shop or will the shop be at Duxford ?  Club Shop postage is a no no for me and it’s time they sorted it as they are missing business . I know l could ring the shop but shouldn’t have to 

Rant over 

Sorted the cork gasket for the time being as used Wellseal to “glue “ the cork gasket to the cover . Clamped the edges over night and gasket is in place . 

Paul 

shop postage is negotiable for light items   you need to call and get martyn or angie  then its just the cost of an envelope/jiffy  

there is common sense but its not printed , and online doesnt have any empathy

talk to the staff   is the answer 

shop is at duxford

Pete

have asked tom H to have a look at the negatives of the 1kg min , this is on line  ,  always call and speak to angie or martyn about small item and postage

bear in mind rimmers want £21.90 for a 6cly  and £4.20 postage,

where as club price is £10 4cyl  £12  6 cly  so add   a phone call gets cheap postage  ..win win  !!!

Pete