Triumph herald 1360

Steven Adams

Yes apart from the engine number I now have the original number for the engine it looks like it is the original engine that has been rebuilt and stamped again as I can see some of the original numbers underneath. 

But I thought I would get the registration number on the certificate. 

The Heritage Certificate is a record of the build, and where it was sent for sale. It would not normally include the Registration Number as this was allocated when it was sold, not when it left the factory.

The next stage is to see if the dealer that received it from the factory us still in business and see if they still have their records - with a lot of luck you will get the reg number that way.  

The other thing to do is to track down the paper registration records from the area where it was sold and work through until you find the correct chassis number.  Some areas kept the old archives some don’t.

Yes apart from the engine number I now have the original number for the engine it looks like it is the original engine that has been rebuilt and stamped again as I can see some of the original numbers underneath. 

But I thought I would get the registration number on the certificate. 

Steve,  you may want to send a private message to Forum Member "heraldcoupe" who has extensive experience in the Herald, and tracing details from local licensing office records.

@heraldcoupe should be able to give a few pointers about who and where to contact to access the records from the 1960's and early 70's.