Air or Servo Issue?

Mjit

OK, so my new 2000 had OK brakes but some really nasty looking fluid in the reservoir so drained down, replaced rear cylinders and swapped flexible pipes for the braded ones off my dead 2000, and bled each corner working towards the m/c.  Good solid stream of fluid coming out each and with the engine off a nice solid pedal.  Switch the engine on and very soft, taking a few pumps to get a solid/top of the press pedal.  So back around bleeding each corner again and, other than some bubbles from air in the bleeder pipe/bleed nipple on the first press still straight to a solid stream of fluid on each corner.  Start the engine again and...still takes a few pumps to get a solid/top of the press pedal!

Does that sound like it's still an air issue (and if so any tips) or could it be a servo one?

If it takes a couple of pumps then something is moving further than it should; doubt if it's a servo issue unless you're losing fluid and getting white smoke from the exhaust every time you brake... first port of call, assuming you've bled the system fully, are the rear shoes - check the adjustment. I have this to do on my GT6 having noticed this morning that it takes two pumps to get good pressure and I just know, without looking at anything else, that I haven't adjusted the rear shoes fully. Of course, I'll bleed it again, just to be sure... :)

i had rear adjuster and handbrake poor on my mk2  found stag actuating bar is the same as 2000 and much cheaper 

handbrake lever is 15mm longer  , makes a superb improvement to the handbrake and less wear on the spreader bar levers cured a lot of poor rear self adjusting

thers a post on here way back

its not advised to bleed with a vacuum but you may get a better squirt with it .running.at idle .

down  quick  back slow , nip a nipple if you like  .  have bleed jar up high not on floor .

pete