gt6 front tow hook...

hi all,

i'll be starting work on my chassis soon,

has anyone fitted an aftermarket tow hook to the front of their gt6 ? i know where the proper one mounts(off the front roll bar mount) but i don't have the proper tow clamp.

any pics would be appreciated.

cheers paul

The extra loop on the arb mount was for tiring cars down during transport. Not ideal as a tow hook.

Are you thinking of one for trackdays/racing? I made one from an engine lifting eye (can't remember which engine) and some flat bar. Welded together and two holes drilled, it fits though the front grille and bolts to the underside of the front crissmember. Never been used...

Can't do a pic as away for another week...

11 hours ago, clive said:

The extra loop on the arb mount was for tiring cars down during transport. Not ideal as a tow hook.

Are you thinking of one for trackdays/racing? I made one from an engine lifting eye (can't remember which engine) and some flat bar. Welded together and two holes drilled, it fits though the front grille and bolts to the underside of the front crissmember. Never been used...

Can't do a pic as away for another week...

thanks clive, someone told me that was a tow hook, makes more sense as a tie down.

cheers

48 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Doesn't matter for track days, but the regulation competition  tow today is a fabric one!  Made from the same webbing as slings, it allows a very big hook to be put through the 'eye'.   Google for 'tow loop'

Not expensive, either.

John

i didn't think of that, cheers john