REAR SPRING POLY BUSH

So after deciding to replace every bush on the rear end of my project spitfire 1500 with poly bushes from Rimmers i'm struggling with the rear Spring Eye Bush the nice shiny blue poly bush Rimmer sent me  C8939APBB doesn't have a metal outer casing . Anyone know, does this mean i have to leave to original metal outer sleeve  in place inside the spring eye and push the new poly bush into it?

No, strip out the whole thing and replace with the polybush and then push through the crush tube.  Getting the old one out can be a nightmare. Do a search on the forum. I did it about 18 months ago. Full instruction from Pete on my restoration thread. Good luck.

Roger - Some off the old bushes will press out using the two socket technique. In my case after stripping the thread on several home made 'presses', I resorted to burning out the old ones using a small gas pencil torch. Then fitted a hacksaw blade in the hole to cut through the outer tube. Obviously take care not to damage the eye of the spring. This can be time consuming, messy and I advise using a facemask as the fumes from the burning rubber are unpleasant. When the remains are out, clean the inside of the eye with a file and wire wool to remove any burr/damage you may have caused with the hacksaw. I think I also used a rotary wire brush in a drill. Don't go to mad but any rough edge will damage the new bushes.