GT6 Gearchange bush advice

Mike T

The gear change on my GT6 was getting more difficult so I have just removed the gear stick to start investigating a cause. The white nylon bush that sits in a cup at the base of the gearstick has almost worn away. I changed it about 2 years ago and at the time read the warnings about deburring the cup - I obviously wasn't thorough enough. I'm not sure where I bought my last rebush kit from but wondered if the quality is the same across all suppliers or if there is any recommendation on the source of a better quality kit out there.

Many thanks

Mike

The kit I bought from Paddocks had the plastic top cup washer referred to by Colin and within a short space of time the spring had pushed through it. That kit was also missing the metal cap that sits over the top of the Spring (which was missing from the previous installation I'd replaced 10 months beforehand). I bought the metal top cup washer and Spring cap as separate items from Canelys.

Gully

yes  metal cup is the only lasting way, it can gain lever sizzle which was i think why the plastic ball and cup were introduced

just cheap modern  replacements dont last the spring pushes through the plastic cup

and as said the metal cup can have a razor cropped edge that kills the  thing quickly if not fettled