Perishing ARB-link bushes

Hi All,

I've noticed that the rubber bushes on my GT6 ant-roll bar links are starting to crack up after only a two or three years on the car. I know that surface cracking on bushes doesn't necessarily condemn them, but these cracks look rather more significant to me. I'd appreciate the opinion of someone with a more experienced eye as to whether or not I should change the links sooner rather than later. Assuming the bushes make the links no longer serviceable, does anybody know of a supplier whose wares last more than a couple of seasons?  (I suspect that they all come from the same place)

Wayne

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

I've just bought a set of the uprated ball-jointed anti-rollbar links, saw them at Stratford and liked the concept. Mine came from a company called Classic Driving Development and as they were at Stratford I bought these a month later online. (www.classicdrivingdevelopment.co.uk) They're double ball jointed and although the site states they're for MGB they have since manufactured them for Spitfire, TRs, GT6 and Stag.

I've since seen versions for sale by other suppliers so there are other variations available. Search - literally - for uprated 'Triumph anti-roll bar links' and you'll see the different versions available, including uprated or polyurethane versions.

The problem with current rubber ARB drop link replacements is commonplace, not just on small chassis Triumphs but TRs and Stags too.

The Classic Driving Development ball joint replacement is 'fit and forget'. I've had them on my TR6 for several years and fitted a new version on the GT6 last year. As well as lasting a long time, they also give an impression of improving the car's turn in to corners. Don't know why or how but both cars feel sharper since fitting these ARB links.

Nigel