Battery replacement for 13/60

Mashby

Hi,

The battery that I have had on my Herald 13/60 for the last 14 years has finally expired. (Nothing lasts forever these days!)

I currently have a Bosch Silver 12v 43Ah 390A. It is a post fitting and I have had a look in Halfords but can’t find an exact equivalent.

Looking for advice on the best cost effective replacement so recommendations welcome. My car has no fancy gadgets (not even a radio) so doesn’t have a particularly big draw.

All advice gratefully received

many thanks

M

Did it have the posts to the rear of the battery? ie near the bulkhead?

Or are the teh posts near the battery clamp (the origina little 038/015 batteries were like this, worries me!)

The original battery was the 038, and available at halfords and elsewhere. The type you have is larger, and I am guessing it may be the equivalent of an 063 battery. Which I have used on heralds/vitesse and spitfires. As have many others. The battery posts are at teh rear,but cables should reach OK.

Alternatively, Tanya batteries online have a size gizmo, you put the measurements in and it gives you compatible batteries.

Hello M.

I have a Bosch S4 001 battery on my Vitesse with the terminals at the bulkhead - I think that is the Bosch equivalent of the 063; it fits perfectly and performs without issue and has a 4yrs guarantee.

Pretty sure I got it from Car Parts 4 Less and a decent price at the time; also worth looking at Euro Car Parts with their never ending deals with an input code.

Good luck.

Richard.