Clutch release carrier & bearing

Iain T

Just had a quick search, RWP Motorsport,  Motorsport-Tools and others do the complete conversion kits. Seems like it would only be another £70/80 pounds more for a concentric conversion over replacing the bearing, slave cylinder (or cheaper if I get an original Girling slave at £95.00!) and faffing around with the arm spigots and carrier roll pin. Jury's out I'll make my mind up when I measure everything.

For items that are difficult to get at I would prefer a fit and almost forget solution!

Iain

7 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Just had a quick search, RWP Motorsport,  Motorsport-Tools and others do the complete conversion kits. Seems like it would only be another £70/80 pounds more for a concentric conversion over replacing the bearing, slave cylinder (or cheaper if I get an original Girling slave at £95.00!) and faffing around with the arm spigots and carrier roll pin. Jury's out I'll make my mind up when I measure everything.

For items that are difficult to get at I would prefer a fit and almost forget solution!

Iain

I did a concentric conversion on my T9 box in the summer. Mine is mated to a ford engine though...

I started by getting an adaptor for the Titan type conversion, made an adaptor and tried using a f-genuine mondeo cylinder/bearing. Eventually got it working, but after 200miles it started squealing a bit. I panicked, and bought a kit (less my adaptor) from Rally Design. It is a copy of the Titan kit. BUT they don't sell the spacers to get the distances correct (important, plus you need to leave an allowance for clutch wear, and I don't thing they allow enough!)

In retrospect, using a genuine Mondeo bearing is possibly best, I think mine suffered as my homemade spacer/adaptor may not have been accurate enought? or teh bearing was old stock, and needed regreasing? But with the 10CR and 35000 miles in a week looming, I just bit the bullet. All seems fine, but I did buy a spare set of seals, plus a spare bearing for the kit to carry as spares (not expensive on their own)

Do iunderstand teh need to get distances correct, I was amazed the RD didn't even sell the spacers, I think Burtons are about the only people to sell them.