Wiper Motor

Anglefire

I replaced my wiper motor today as the old one was well past its best and didn't park and looked crap to be honest.
Got one from Canley classic's plugged it in and it didn't work :(
Took the cowling off to check the switch - no good - but did have power - didn't have power at the plug apart from the permanent feed for the park function. 

After much faffing and frustration - came down to a poor earth. The bolt the two earth's are tied to wasn't fully home. 🙄

Need a beer now as I could have finished it about an hour earlier 😜

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Need a beer now as I could have finished it about an hour earlier 😜

Hope you had one - I did, out in the garden to celebrate painting the greenhouse, and it was great.

I had to get my spare wiper motor refurbished by a man called Anthony in Newark, as the MK1 GT6 2-speed motors are unavailable anywhere, the one on the car was blowing fuses, and the spare was just a collection of odd parts. It arrived back looking superb and fully working, and this one isn't blowing fuses so it was money well spent. I might just send him the other one, too, and have a working spare again.

https://classicrecons.wordpress.com

DSC_0615.thumb.JPG.4f558f49bc214614e7a2c97053b1db40.JPG

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Hope you had one - I did, out in the garden to celebrate painting the greenhouse, and it was great.

Yes I did - a nice cold one out of the fridge we have brought into service because our main fridge keeps filling up as we have more stuff that needs to be in it - (it normally lives in the car - its a very efficient camping fridge that uses very little power and will go down to -18'c if needed.) 

Had it with sausage egg, beans and chips :) Lovely 

46 minutes ago, Anglefire said:

Had it with sausage egg, beans and chips :) Lovely 

Bacon butties, myself. Sprayed the greenhouse with a HVLP system, got roasted in the sun, then collapsed in a chair in the garden and did very little the rest of the evening other than get round a very nice Indian Dhansak from the local takeaway that has now reopened for social-distanced takeaway. Life is returning to normal!

Our chippy has been open a few weeks. We have been the once but don’t have it too often. 

my neighbour had just got her 5* hygiene rating just before the lockdown to start an Indian takeaway service from home. 
that got held up a few weeks but I think she is starting up next week now she has her boxes and suppliers sorted. 
did have a sample for lunch yesterday and it was very good. So will try and sample a proper takeaway from her soon.  

58 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Bacon butties, myself. Sprayed the greenhouse with a HVLP system, got roasted in the sun, then collapsed in a chair in the garden and did very little the rest of the evening other than get round a very nice Indian Dhansak from the local takeaway that has now reopened for social-distanced takeaway. Life is returning to normal!

We had bacon butty in the morning after the youngest got back from work. (actually on a toasted bagel - best way to have them even though it’s slightly contrary given the tradition of the bagel 😂

• Haha 1