Vitesse Fan Mount alternative.

68vitesse

Doing some work on my Vitesse noticed how close the fan adaptor is to the motor of the electric fan I have fitted which would make changing or replacing a fan belt awkward. Thinking of using a 13/8 inch shaft collar and a large heavy duty washer for the bolt or an old oil seal shaft collar I have again with a washer.

I am aware that different size fan adaptors where available at one time.

Can not think why this would not work but am interested in others opinions.

Regards

Paul

I've got rid of the boss and used the shorter mk2 bolt with a thick washer to retain the crank pulley and no problems. I did wonder whether the crank was balanced originally with the boss but haven't noticed any increase in vibes...

2 hours ago, johny said:

I've got rid of the boss and used the shorter mk2 bolt with a thick washer to retain the crank pulley and no problems. I did wonder whether the crank was balanced originally with the boss but haven't noticed any increase in vibes...

The crankshaft nose on the Mk1 2L extends beyond the pulley so just using a washer leaves the pulley loose, the fan adapter tightens against the pulley not the crankshaft.

Regards

Paul

16 minutes ago, johny said:

Sorry I meant a large thick washer that sat on the pulley and proud of the crank nose and then a smaller washer for the bolt to hold it all in place.

Similar to my thoughts, but using a crankshaft oil seal sleeve instead of the large thick washer simply because I have one.

Nice to know it works, thank you.

Regards

Paul