2 speed wiper switch

Shaf

This may have been discussed before so excuse my repetitive question. I have a 2 speed lucas wiper motor with 5 pins. It was originally set up with a relay, I changed the switch and found a wiring diagram that did away with the relay. Anyways this old rotary switch is somewhat unhappy. i have looked at a Lucas toggle switch and have seen some advertised. which would be the best switch to fit the hole in the dashboard, and also how to wire it without a relay to the 5 pin plug.

Any help would be appreciated, I have googled till my brain has started ti fizz, going for a lie down now.🙄

Hi Shaf,

have you got a part number for the wiper motor

What car is/was it fitted to.

No all two speed switches are the same - you need to know what pins are connected at whatever position.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I'll upload pictures of switch and wire plug on wiper motor. First pic is of I believe a Lucas switch for 2 speed motor, but cannot find wiring diagram for it.

2nd pic is the wired plug on the wiper motor

So question is how do I wire switch and can I do it without a really?

IMG_20200526_114139062.jpg

IMG_20200526_114229505.jpg

Hi Shaf,

be very careful with those Lucas switches. There are a number that look very similar.

The TR4A light switch will not run a DR3 two speed motor as fitted to a TR4A.  Also the 4A light switch is a pull switch not a toggle.

Have a look here - https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/lucas-toggle-switch-2-speed-wiper/

I use this switch on my 4A but it it is a TR6 Motor 14W.

If you have a multi meter you can work out whether or not the switches will do the job

Roger