Mk4 Spitfire fuel flip cap

Simons3

Just been out for a spirited drive to get some miles in and nearing home went to fill up with fuel. When re clipping the cap, the latch came apart. Looks like a couple of dowels secure it to the main cap that have failed. Cant post pics at moment as not near the car. Is this fixable? Or do i purchase a new unit. 

I filled to the brim so needs fixing asap.

Simon

Hi Colin

It's not the hinge side, it's the bit you flip to release. A metal part about an inch long flew off with broken dowels either side. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post.

I saw the two you mentioned on ebay earlier. They look a bit ropey. Mine is in goog condition by comparison.

Like you say about £60/£70 should get me a nice shiney new one. Might even get a locking one.

Bit the bullet Colin.

Mine is now missing the flip lever...presumed new home bottom of tank.

Here are the pictures

20200916_112816_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.5c4ffee403e8b5ec08bbb927f97c908b.jpg20200916_112749_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.27567e35a875930e3b385217c19304c2.jpg

Mine don't appear to be screws, the heads look more like pop rivets, but surely not.

Ordered a new unit along with a new deck grommet, filler neck hose and 2 fasteners. Couriered for tomorrow circa £105. Not bad tbf. Plus i have a free paperweight.

Thanks for taking time out to reply.