Which blue

Johno

Hello all,

So my spitfire was originally French blue but was painted with a lighter blue later. As I want it the way it was for me In the past ( and I don't want anything on my car french!!) I'm trying to source which blue it was. I've painted a little Wedgwood on it and that's not it. I'm wondering about porcelain blue or ice blue which may have been the same. Does anyone know where I can get a decent colour chart to try and pin it down. I have a friend who is in the business who is making up some cards but in the meantime I thought I'd ask.

Regards johno

most paint factors will have a colour chart , its highly likely its not a triumph  base colour    

my 2000 is supposed to be french blue   but its anything but, club sent my fuel flap to get it scanned for matched aerosols  but there  is a factors 300yds away i would use in future for any volume  you never find these places till you find them 

pete

Right giys , so the latest as expected is that it's not ice/porcelain blue as was expected really So as Dan mi and Pete Lewis suspected it looks like it's not a triumph colour. (Me too to be fair). Anyway I'm looking at going with Wedgwood with powder blue as an outside chance! Is there anyone in the Bristol area with a car in either of these colours in order that I can get an idea of what they look like on a grand scale and not just (effectively) a match pot square.

Regards Johno