Suitable Inlet Manifold for Brake Servo for Vitesse 2L Mk2

PatK

Hi All, in the latest Courier, I saw a neat Brake Servo fitment into Peter Illingworth's Vitesse. It would appear that Peter had to drill the manifold to attach a vacuum line for the servo as the Vitesse does not have one. Would it be possible to fit a Triumph 2000 manifold that does have a servo take off point, or TR manifold etc?  If so would it fit the Vitesse OK and be OK for Strombergs? Or will there be too much fettling and would it be quicker to drill the existing manifold like Peter has done?

Many Thanks .         Pat

2000 saloon is angled  wont suit the carb set up as thy become angled 

some vit Gt6 manifolds have a cast plug you can drill out and fit a hose adaptor

ive only done a mk1 mani and they are different as for where to locate the servo 

on mine we shortened the battery tray and mounted it next to the heater 

mainly as when done there were few clues about and craming it sideways by the M cyl dd not appeal 

pete

alt mount.JPG

Should have said mine is a Mk1 2L, fitted servo over master cylinders and fixed the brackets using the pedal box fixings, slightly longer bolts needed, so no extra holes or modification needed. Does make topping up the master cylinders a little awkward but how often do you need to do it.

Regards

Paul.

IMG_20190326_190037.jpg

23 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

I removed the smiths valve take off and used two 16mm banjo fittings and made a banjo bolt from a 5/8 UNF length of thread and stainless acorn nut. No need to drill a manifold and completely reversible.

Regards

Paul.

IMG_20190214_094316.jpg

Thanks Paul, what a clever fix, did the 5/8" bolt come as a hollow bolt or did you have to drill it out and then drill side holes for the banjoes?  Many Thanks.     Pat

23 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

2000 saloon is angled  wont suit the carb set up as thy become angled 

some vit Gt6 manifolds have a cast plug you can drill out and fit a hose adaptor

ive only done a mk1 mani and they are different as for where to locate the servo 

on mine we shortened the battery tray and mounted it next to the heater 

mainly as when done there were few clues about and craming it sideways by the M cyl dd not appeal 

pete

alt mount.JPG

Thanks Pete, that is a really neat installation, I will have a look on e bay to see if there are any similar manifolds.                      Regards               Pat

23 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Should have said mine is a Mk1 2L, fitted servo over master cylinders and fixed the brackets using the pedal box fixings, slightly longer bolts needed, so no extra holes or modification needed. Does make topping up the master cylinders a little awkward but how often do you need to do it.

Regards

Paul.

IMG_20190326_190037.jpg

Thanks Paul, nice job. I also like the cure for a sloppy accelerator cable which had bugged me for ages.      Regards,         Pat

25 minutes ago, PatK said:

Thanks Paul, what a clever fix, did the 5/8" bolt come as a hollow bolt or did you have to drill it out and then drill side holes for the banjoes?  Many Thanks.     Pat

Had to drill out the bolt then drilled three holes at 1200 with the second row offset by 600, used a nut drilled through on three of the flats as a guide.

The cable fitting was sold as insulation fixing in one of those small packs from accessory shops.

Regards

Paul

9 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Had to drill out the bolt then drilled three holes at 1200 with the second row offset by 600, used a nut drilled through on three of the flats as a guide.

The cable fitting was sold as insulation fixing in one of those small packs from accessory shops.

Regards

Paul

9 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul, thats really clever and clear and a nice job. Thanks.     Pat