Dashboard wiring

chrisbladen

Evening,

Just started removing the old veneer off the dash to re veneer it, any holes that aren't required i am going to fill so i was just wandering if any1 has any idea what should be in the holes between the speedo and reg gauge? Mine just had a sticker there to cover it, i think looking on google maybe it should be a hazards switch. I dont think theres any wiring for hazards on mine, well there may be bit none was connected when i dismantled it all. The switch on the right of the dash was being used as the horn if i remember correctly so i am going to re do this. Do people usually use a button for the horn and is this how it was as standard? 

Also i dont know what the green bulb was for, i cant remember it being connected up, i will have to check the harness tommorow 

Thanks

20210217_162138.jpg

A hazard warning is well worth fitting, a kit is available from the club shop and probably easier to install than filling up the hole? 

The horn is operated from the centre of the steering boss, I don't know why it's been put on a separate switch, although I did used to have a klaxon on a separate switch to impress the ladies and frighten the neighbours. 

Doug