Faulty CD150 air filters

johny

Ive just tried to fit new standard air filters on my 2L Mk1 Vitesse and found that as I did up the 4 airbox bolts to the carbs I was crushing the filters! Turns out theyre missing the internal spacer tubes that the bolts go through and of course without them its difficult to get the correct torque to ensure the filters are sealed properly. Not got any response from the supplier Mevs Spares yet but wonder if anyone else has found the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Johnny. I just dug out the replacement CD150 filters that I bought for my Vit more than a year ago. Funnily enough, I bought them from MEV Spares too. Like yours they have no spacer tubes! I ended up cutting up my old Fram filters and gluing them in to the new ones. I think that the vast majority of classic car owners have them as second cars now and so would be prepared to pay slightly more for a quality replacement. So I don't think the old argument from suppliers -about how much owners are willing to pay stacks up now..😕

Gav

1 hour ago, trigolf said:

Hi Johnny. I just dug out the replacement CD150 filters that I bought for my Vit more than a year ago. Funnily enough, I bought them from MEV Spares too. Like yours they have no spacer tubes! I ended up cutting up my old Fram filters and gluing them in to the new ones. I think that the vast majority of classic car owners have them as second cars now and so would be prepared to pay slightly more for a quality replacement. So I don't think the old argument from suppliers -about how much owners are willing to pay stacks up now..😕

Gav

Actually in this case I think its been a mistake but the lack of response from them makes it even worse. I see theyre out of stock now so perhaps they realise theres been a fack up!