Lucas LR8 spotlamps

Roger K

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a pair of Lucas LR8 rectangular driving lamps to my '73 GT6, on the front quarter valances below the indicator/sidelight unit.  Has anyone done this, or got any decent photos of a GT6/Spitfire with them fitted?  I'm thinking that a pair of these with black cases would probably be correct dealer options for 1973/4.  Before drilling the valances (which appear to be double skinned), I'd like to see how they look.

Thanks

Roger

Roger

If you decide to do this, I have a pair you can have. I had them fitted to my mk2 back in the 80s, mounted on brackets which shared the valance fixings.

There is some doubt as to whether they are legal, so you will need to check. Being low down they will also get a bit more dirty than headlamps.

If you are just after better driving lights, I would thoroughly recommend Cibie H180s with Philips VisionPlus bulbs, which are the equal if not better than our moderns. I have plumbed these in using a pair of relays fitted under the front edge of the bonnet (details on request). 

Ian