GT6 Mk3 radiator bracket position

Pbruce9393

Hi,

I bought a GT6 Mk 3 last year, fitted with a 2500TC engine. I recently took the engine out for a re-build, and as part of the exercise the radiator had to come out too. It was at that point I realised that the radiator brackets were actually welded to the chassis, not bolted to the (non-existent) brackets that are supposed to be there.

I would like to re-install brackets before the radiator goes back in, but can anyone advise the exact position / dimensions of where these brackets need to be.  I believe that where the welds are is about right, and that there should be room for a little height increase (it was level with the bottom of the thermostat casing) but I am concerned that new brackets may lift the radiator too high, causing it to foul on the bonnet when closed. If I move it back "down the slope" a little it will reduce the height, but there is not much room to do that because of the engine / fan. 

Any advise on the positioning of these brackets will be most welcome.

Also - any ideas if / where new ready made brackets may be available ? At all the usual suppliers they appear to be "no longer available".

Peter

image.png

GT6 Rad Weld.JPG

GT6 Rad Top.JPG

I just can't believe people can be so stupid, WHY WHY would the PO weld the rad to the chassis, when for a little more work they could have made & welded the brackets on Uugh! The only possible cynical upside would be heat transfer from the rad!

Good luck in sorting,