Vitesse Mk2 Leaf Spring Orientation.

Phil C

Afternoon All,

Just refitting the leaf spring too my vitesse and the manual states it should have "front" identified to ensure it fits the correct way round.

I cannot find any such mark oil the spring.

Is there a standardised location?

I appreciate it is very unlikely the spring is a Triumph original so it may be located differently (or not at all).

However, looking at the spring it appears to be pretty symmetrical which ever way around I fit it!!

As usual , thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

Hi again,

Can I just ask another question now the spring is installed?

3E3FAB90-133A-4681-B4E9-1870B5711229.thumb.jpeg.e71c5c1161d8b8e207551ad948d29a64.jpeg

Currently fitted to just the running chassis (i.e. minimum weight)

I was a little surprised as to the amount of tension in the spring as I bolted it down on the diff.  

Standing on the chassis I cannot generate any suspension movement.

Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks

Should be normal; I've done the same thing with my convertible, and the rear halfshafts are tight to the chassis. I had to put liners under them to prevent paint damage. The spring was refurbished by me with new buttons etc then wound with grease-impregnated tape to keep it clean, but this may have stiffened it further. If I stand on the chassis it barely raises the halfshafts, but I'm hoping that the weight of the rear tub once fitted, plus all of the other ancillaries and fittings, and a driver should free it up. I think it will settle once actually used. Hopefully!

DSCF1158.jpg.fc70e788e4910efc41d0c48ae95a20f4.jpg

• Thanks 1