GT6 Hazard relay

Squiggle

Hi

Hoping for a little help!  My indicators on my 1973 Mk3 are working relatively well but the hazards are no longer working. I have tried the switch a number of times in case the connectors have oxidised without any luck. So I thought I would swap out the Hazard relay as the first point.  This is my problem though, I have searched every where and I can't find it. I would appreciate it if you have an suggestions on the location?  I have spent a few hours under the dash board and scoured the bulkhead without success. I am hoping someone knows exactly where i can look to get to it?. I have a hazy memory of having the same issue many years ago but can't remember the location.

Thanks in advance

Another position to explore for the hazard relay is one the engine bay side of the bulkhead. Just behind where the positive terminal of the battery is, there will be two or three relays mounted on little brackets (flasher relay, horn relay and, if fitted, overdrive relay).

Perhaps the single most common cause of non-hazard flashing is simply detachment of (one or more) of the spade connectors on the back of the hazard switch itself. But if attending to the switch; extract it very carefully and make copius notes of the terminal positions of the wires. It can be very tedious having to them out afresh.

1503465625_flasherunit.jpg.53da049acd658ae91aca6ac0ac90740d.jpg

51 minutes ago, NonMember said:

No, that's where the indicator flasher unit lives. The hazard one is near the battery as Chris pointed out.

Yes, my mistake! I should have known, I was messing with the horn relay next to it only yesterday.  :wub:

Doug