Vitesse window winder stiff

This has developed over the past year.

Not too bad going down, though two spots going up that are very stiff. These happen at the same point, ie, the handle is at say 6 o'clock. It makes a rubbing graunchy noise at these points, maybe in the front area?.

Have aerosol greased the bar pivot connections, the side guide/slider rails and the winder pinion thingy mechanism as much as I can, and only made a bit of difference.

Any tips, preferably without removing it all, as looks a faf, with the limited access.

Thanks

Drivers side window on my Herald is stiff, makes a horrible noise of scraping metal, after some investigation it appears that the previous owner has moved the quarter light back to try & make up for the lack of door gaps, bit of fiddling & adjustment on the quarter light frame & window runners got it much better. 

I think Pete might be right. Sounds like you've got a problem with the felt channel and its jamming. The felt insert eventually wears out. Try a small mirror (I use an old powder compact mirror donated by my wife) and have a look.

Gav

Thanks guys.

I assume the front channel is adjusted by the 3 PZ3 screws that attach the channel to the main brackets. Loosened all 3, though can't get channel to move at all?.

Also does the rear adjust if need be?. Looks like it is 2 nuts/bolts for the lower brackets that attach to shell and top one through that grommeted access hole at the side of door.