Spitfire MK4 1973

safhuan

I need an avise and help in fixing tail and dashboard Lights; Break, Signal and reverse light do come on but tail and dashbpard don't any suggusetion; Checked the fuse box the fuse in the middel dose not have any elecrticity coming throgh but the other two do have electricity.

If this is a red / green circuit then the circuit powers both tail lights and dashboard lights, as well as number plates (possibly front sidelights too?). Are the front sidelights working?

The power comes from the master light switch so if power isn't even reaching the fuse, check your switch.

Brake lights, indicators and reverse lights are all powered from the "green" circuit (from ignition switch via the top? fuse)

Sidelights and dashboard lights are fed off the master light switch through the middle fuse. Note that the fuse is after the switch, so will only be live when turned on. It's also the only thing connected to that terminal of the switch, so could be a loose wire there or a faulty switch.

5 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

If this is a red / green circuit then the circuit powers both tail lights and dashboard lights, as well as number plates (possibly front sidelights too?). Are the front sidelights working?

The power comes from the master light switch so if power isn't even reaching the fuse, check your switch.

the front side light is not working and I will check the master light switch

2 hours ago, safhuan said:

I need an avise and help in fixing tail and dashboard Lights; Break, Signal and reverse light do come on but tail and dashbpard don't any suggusetion; Checked the fuse box the fuse in the middel dose not have any elecrticity coming throgh but the other two do have electricity.

Thank you for the information I will try it and get back and let yous know.

as a mkIV you also have the problems with the rear lamp bulb holders all getting mixed up 

some have a earth terminal some earth via the claw fiiting and the lamp body has the earth then fit dual fialment holders with single filament bulbd and you get 

a full headache 

make sure the indicator has a single contact holder and single filament bulb  same for reverse 

stop and tail have duel 21/5 watt filament bulbs and a duel contact bulb holder with offset bayonet pins 

these are often all messed up by previous owners 

Pete