Cheap car radio

Clive

Any reviews on these? I see they have connections so I can use a power amp if they are a bit quiet. 

What I want to know is does teh radio actually work OK, bluetooth connect and how do you access music on a SD card? (as in is it random, in order or is there a menu)

s-l225.webp

2 minutes ago, clive said:

Any reviews on these? I see they have connections so I can use a power amp if they are a bit quiet. 

What I want to know is does teh radio actually work OK, bluetooth connect and how do you access music on a SD card? (as in is it random, in order or is there a menu)

s-l225.webp

I’ve got one . Very light and not deep so fits easily . I think the bracket I bought to fit under the dash cost more than the radio ! Radio works fine and great value for money . I guess the price has gone up now I think mine was about £15 

Paul 

Clive,

I have one, they are loud enough. However they still have to have power to them when the ignition's turned off, something that will drain the battery if your classic doesn't get out much. I didn't like that and didn't connect it which meant the radio had to be tuned and set up every time I turned it on. Set up and tuning is a NOT intuitive and a pain.  Blue tooth didn't work too well, kept cutting in and out. The SD card plays from the beginning, every time, quite tedious. I swapped the radio out for a power amp with blue tooth and attached my phone which has a radio app and assorted recordings from my CDs. 

Doug

Thanks for the replies.

The car will et used regularly, so that isn't an issue. 

Poor bluetooth is a concern.

I may just fit the radio/CD player from the old car, and get one of those bluetooth transmitters which my daughter reckons are very good. 

Incidently, they are still available for under £15. Amusingly one of the traders had a show special at Stoneleigh. £50. Worth a punt though for them. Years ago, speedy spares had some lovely looking individual speakers, Very 1960s style, chrome grille etc. I bought a boxful at £2 each, sold at leatherhead for a fiver a pop. Thats when £3 easily bought a pint. Happy days.