Vitesse Mk2 rear shock conversion

Hi. I’m looking for some advice on the TSSC rear shock conversion for a MK2 Vitesse. I’ve bought the TSSC kit and the instructions tell you to loosen the bolts on the rear tub, then jack the tub gently just to create enough space to insert the brackets between the body and the chassis. I’ve done this, but when I jack it up the whole car is lifting, the tub seems to be fused to the chassis. I’m wondering if anyone has any other ideas. I don’t think the tub has ever been of the chassis since new.

2 hours ago, WestChiltRanger said:

Yes I’ve loosened the bolts above the diff tunnel, these are the bolts that the shock bracket slides into. I’ve checked the seatbelts and they seem okay.

You don’t mention you’ve remove the outrigger bolts which are accessed from the boot area a few inches away from the rear light clusters . Can’t remember if it’s one or two bolts 

Paul 

Thanks for the heads up. I have  undone the outrigger bolts, there’s 2 on each side but still no joy.

2 minutes ago, Paul H said:

You don’t mention you’ve remove the outrigger bolts which are accessed from the boot area a few inches away from the rear light clusters . Can’t remember if it’s one or two bolts 

Paul 

Are all the body mounting bolts you have loosened definitely free to move? I’ve just had to cut the ones that didn’t break off the front of my Herald which similarly is unlikely to have been apart since it was built. One was seized to the chassis and so preventing me lifting the bulkhead.