Bleeding the clutch

MJH2454

I've replaced the clutch fluid on my GT6 with silicone, I recall nearly emptying the master cylinder which was 6  strokes. You can tell with silicone 'cose it's a different colour. The slave is a little further away on a Spitfire, so maybe 7 strokes?

The Triumph Experience says the braking system on a Triumph GT6 is 1 quart or 1 litre. 1 quart = 1.27 litres, so a rough judgement, and then there's servos to consider.

Doug

Edited by dougbgt6

Well you can speed the flush process and make it easier to tell when the fresh fluid has come through by first using a syringe to get as much of the old out of the reservoir as possible. If you use a small tube you can even get out most of the muck that sits in the bottom👍  

On 07/05/2023 at 15:02, dougbgt6 said:

The Triumph Experience says the braking system on a Triumph GT6 is 1 quart or 1 litre. 1 quart = 1.27 litres, so a rough judgement, and then there's servos to consider.

If the Triumph Experience is a US site, the US pint is 16 fluid ounces i.e 4/5ths of an Imperial pint. So a US quart will be nearly half an Imperial pint less (32 Fl Oz).