Replacement Clutch Slave Cylinder for GT6 Mk III

Qu1ckn1ck

Looking for advice again !

My 1971 GT6 Mk III is gradually losing clutch fluid and it appears to be leaking from the slave cylinder. 

Can anyone advise where to buy a reliable replacement clutch slave cylinder, please ?  There appears to be a very wide range of prices for slave cylinders from the usual suppliers, does the quality vary with price or shall I just buy the cheapest ?

Although a 1971 car, my Engine/Gearbox/Overdrive are from a later car - is the slave cylinder standard across GT6 variants, please ?  

Thanks in anticipation.

I just bought one from Canley's.     Excellent quality.

If you look for it in their catalogue, that reproduces the pictures from the original Triumph parts catalogue, don't be put off by the illustration, that shows only one mounting lug!   I asked Canley's, and they reassured me that the part has two. "The artist must have been in a hurry!" they said.

John

• Like 1

Hi Nick,

I replaced the clutch slave on mine in March of this year. I bought the replacement from Rimmers back in 2018 (when mine first leaked, then stopped for while!) - came with a new bleed nipple and quality was excellent. The casting was identical to the rather grotty Girling one I removed.

At the same time I swapped the coiled copper pipe for a braided hose - that came from Rimmers too (and was the reason why I bought the slave from there - nobody else had the hoses at the time and it meant I didn't have to pay 2 lots of postage).

Simple job made painful by the tunnel removal / replacement!

Gully

• Like 2

Hi Gully,

I've got the braided hose as well, Andy Cook told me his coiled pipe had gone brittle and fractured after years of flexing so he replaced it with a flexible. So I copied him.

I also got an armoured oil gauge pipe, old one was plastic and brittle, imagine what would happen if that broke! :o

Doug

• Like 1