Herald Door Strikers

Andy Clark

Hi, just started rebuilding my 1st classic a 1962 Herald Convertible (genuine CV).  The car has been stripped a long time ago and l have most pieces but missing are:-

Door striker plates both sides.

Anti Burst on both B Pillars (l have the male part on the doors)

Both Hood catches on the windscreen frame ( l have the ones on the hood frame).

Would be good if anyone has any of these for sale. Probably be asking for other stuff as build progresses.

Cheers 20230523_144434.thumb.jpg.f5010c3168fdd536af4b7c6d317cd223.jpg

If nothing comes up here… Good sources for stuff you can’t get new new are Spitfire Graveyard, Spitbitz (both breakers and deal with Heralds too despite the names!), TD Fitchett (just ring and ask, they’re not big on listing stuff online but have huge collections of parts) and Mick Dolphin (small business but has been collecting up NOS stuff for years, also a nice bloke in person - I dropped in to pick up a door skin recently).

41 minutes ago, Josef said:

If nothing comes up here… Good sources for stuff you can’t get new new are Spitfire Graveyard, Spitbitz (both breakers and deal with Heralds too despite the names!), TD Fitchett (just ring and ask, they’re not big on listing stuff online but have huge collections of parts) and Mick Dolphin (small business but has been collecting up NOS stuff for years, also a nice bloke in person - I dropped in to pick up a door skin recently).

Thanks for the info will have to do few phone 📞  calls

Ahebron has a good point, they were used on the TR4-7 so TR suppliers may also be worth a call, but expect the accompanying TR price increase... Oh, and Wins Ltd sometimes have a bit of second hand stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2023 at 05:15, Andy Clark said:

Hi, just started rebuilding my 1st classic a 1962 Herald Convertible (genuine CV).  The car has been stripped a long time ago and l have most pieces but missing are:-

Door striker plates both sides.

Anti Burst on both B Pillars (l have the male part on the doors)

On ebay at the moment is one only female or B post part of the Anti Burst catch item No 235060608936 not cheap at 25 GBP