window stuck in the up position

mpbarrett

On my 13/60 convertible the near side window is stuck in the up position. 
tried moving the glass but it is very tight and the winder mechanism is stuck solid. 
Cant see what's causing the problem and not sure I can get the mechanism out without lowering the window.

Any suggestions what's jamming it?

cheers

mike

When you say you can't see, does this mean you've removed the trim panel from the inside? Get a small mirror, rear-view mirror sized, and have a look inside the door through the large cutouts in the door frame - you may be able to spot what's jamming it. I've found that any wear in any of the components leads to an alarming amount of movement and in the tight confines of a door, things can hit off each other as they pass. 

Is there any movement at all? Slight rocking of the lever back and forth may highlight what's sticking; otherwise work along the arms of the winder system and see if one has jumped behind the quarterlight frame, or any other of the door's internals, and is stuck there. Be careful of the sharp edges; after last week's work on my door I looked like I'd been self-harming.

On my car, when delivered as found, somebody had unbolted the glass runners and the glass was displaced entirely and jammed. Took two of us a whole day to assemble it properly due to seized bolts etc. It's all ok now.