Replacement Fuel Tank

CraigMatthews

Good evening,

I have a 1969 Triumph Herald 13/60, the fuel tank is absolutely rotten beyond repair. I have been looking for a replacement however I am struggling to find one at all. I have found one from a 1961 Triumph Herald 1200 and I am wondering if it will be a straight swap? If anybody has any recommendations or knows where I can purchase a replacement that would be much appreciated. Pics for attention.

Many thanks

IMG_9492.HEIC IMG_9508.HEIC IMG_9509.HEIC

fitchets make new tanks  they are herald capacity where as im sure the 13/60 is vitesse sized  

you loose the dreaded drain spout and the reserve lever on the outlet but non of those are really much use   we fitted one in my vitesse 6  and you gain 2 "or so in boot space 

oddly they dont list tanks in the courier advert   being old school you need to call them and ask 

pete

I'm always in the market for tanks, being one short at present, but S/H is a minefield in fact eBay had some recently that were rusted through or in poor condition. Options are to have yours reconditioned - I had a Vitesse tank reconditioned recently - or else buy new, which I am seriously considering doing once the entire range comes out. The smaller tank isn't really a drawback for a Herald, even my later 13/60 won't suffer much with a smaller tank fitted as I can't see me using anywhere near the capacity of a full tank. Make sure you get the correct one ie screw-fitted sender vs locking ring sender.