Lincolnshire newbie looking for carb set up and tune.

Philip83

Hi, 

My name is Phil and I have just purchased not only my first Triumph but my first classic car. 
Deep in the rural countryside where nobody goes is where I call home, everyone else calls it Lincolnshire but it seems I may very well be alone here? I am looking to get my Spitfires twin 40 DCOE’s set up but arguably more importantly, if there is anyone else local to me with a spitfire too? I have searched for groups and meets but to no avail so far. Anyway, I expect to be out of my depth pretty soon so thanks in advance for all the help, tips and advice.

dd463325-1058-4888-bd84-7f5ae4271a5d.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Philip83 said:

Yes it was, very near home at a popular supermarket chain.

Then turn right out of the car park, right at the roundabout and then immediate left into the garage car park and go and talk with Phil.

6 minutes ago, Philip83 said:

Your powers of deduction are superb. I’ll try him on Monday then.

I parked in that car park (often in that very space) every weekday morning for 6 months, so I recognised it immediately you posted the picture.

I also suspect I’ve seen the car driving around the area as well.

43 minutes ago, KevinR said:

I parked in that car park (often in that very space) every weekday morning for 6 months

If it was the Triumph, it could explain the oil marks under the front of the car !

47 minutes ago, KevinR said:

I parked in that car park (often in that very space) every weekday morning for 6 months, so I recognised it immediately you posted the picture.

I also suspect I’ve seen the car driving around the area as well.

Are you still local? What do you drive (Triumph I mean)?

4 minutes ago, Philip83 said:

Are you still local? What do you drive (Triumph I mean)?

Never been local, I was working on the airfield between November last year and May this year.  Now only visit every couple of months for a day trip.