Stag Breather Tee - Size Please

rlubikey

For some time now I've a cunning plan for my PI to give an automagic idle speed control - so no need for a fast idle cable on the choke. But one implementation I have in mind needs a Tee piece on one of the two PI manifold balance pipes.

While browsing Fleabay, I came across part number 152341 - Stag Tee Piece Breather - which fits on the back of the air box and seems to feed to each inlet manifold - or possibly each carb.

2106-Zoom.jpg

Would some kind soul happen to know - or be able to measure - what size pipe it's meant to fit please?

Thanks, and happy new year everyone, Richard

Thanks for the suggestion Pete. Yes, I've rummaged endlessly through the parts bins at work but, because the PI manifolds are so close together, there's little space for a tee. Especially when you consider it also needs a little section of hose each end to connect the balance pipes. Besides, I was also hoping for the central arm to go downwards so that the pipe to the idle valve was largely hidden until pointed out.

Cheers, Richard

I'm not sure if you have enough room for this, but could you fit this 'T' piece meant for the breather pipes (1/2" ID) on a late Spitfire.

You might just have enough room to fit it with 2 shorts sections of 1/2" ID Rubber Pipe

Regards

Gary

154211 T Piece Half Inch Diameter.jpg

• Thanks 1

Same problem Gary. The central section is too wide for the narrow gap. I'd like a single moulded rubber tee.

My alternative plan is a take-off on the threaded hole on one of the manifolds. I already have a 1/4" take-off and tube to a manual valve under the dash which proves the concept. This is fine for idle, but not enough for starting - a little throttle is required. A 3/8" or 1/2" would easily suffice. But as you can imagine, on the final implementation inquisitive eyes would follow the tube looking for the brake booster, only to find an idle valve!

Cheers, Richard

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rlubikey said:

Same problem Gary. The central section is too wide for the narrow gap. I'd like a single moulded rubber tee.

My alternative plan is a take-off on the threaded hole on one of the manifolds. I already have a 1/4" take-off and tube to a manual valve under the dash which proves the concept. This is fine for idle, but not enough for starting - a little throttle is required. A 3/8" or 1/2" would easily suffice. But as you can imagine, on the final implementation inquisitive eyes would follow the tube looking for the brake booster, only to find an idle valve!

Cheers, Richard

I wondered if it may be too long?

You can get rubber Tee pieces for Pond Water Systems but I don't think they go as small as 1/2" ID

Regards

Gary