GT6 MkIII Small D Shape Grill Sections

Blakes73

On 25/02/2024 at 17:13, Colin Lindsay said:

I think it's these guys:

s-l500-1027215842.jpg.69b79a4f2fc595d38db1d474eff77243.jpg

'Front corner grilles' according to Canleys, available to order. Part number 715863 / 715864. Sometimes on eBay, but not at present.

Colin, those are the ones I'm after.

Regards~

Well never knew these existed, my GT6 came without.

Noticed Paddock's have them for £37 plus P&P.

Learnt something new, cheers.

Danny, out of interest how did you make them, attach a "U" shape metal to a backing plate or welded find to a plate.

Graham

On 25/02/2024 at 17:13, Colin Lindsay said:

I think it's these guys:

s-l500-1027215842.jpg.69b79a4f2fc595d38db1d474eff77243.jpg

'Front corner grilles' according to Canleys, available to order. Part number 715863 / 715864. Sometimes on eBay, but not at present.

Colin thanks for the recommendation. The actual number we use for these is;

https://www.canleyclassics.com/?diagram=triumph-spitfire-mkiv/1500-mkiv-oil-cooler&ptno=715863/4

However ignore the advertised price for the time being until the next website update. Good news though as I've just reviewed the price, and unusually in this day and age I've actually reduced it to  £32.29 inc VAT for the pair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Works Spitfires said:

https://www.canleyclassics.com/?diagram=triumph-spitfire-mkiv/1500-mkiv-oil-cooler&ptno=715863/4

However ignore the advertised price for the time being until the next website update. Good news though as I've just reviewed the price, and unusually in this day and age I've actually reduced it to  £32.29 inc VAT for the pair.

Thanks for the info, I've just ordered a pair from Canleys.

Regards~

Edited by Blakes73

5 hours ago, Works Spitfires said:

Thanks for the excellent diagrams which actually helped me find them... :) Not the first time, neither!

17 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Thanks for the excellent diagrams which actually helped me find them... :) Not the first time, neither!

Poor old Joe who spent over 6 months scanning in all the factory parts books, and then making them interactive for our on-line catalogue. I watched all the life drain out of him!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/02/2024 at 09:53, Graham C said:

Well never knew these existed, my GT6 came without.

Noticed Paddock's have them for £37 plus P&P.

Learnt something new, cheers.

Danny, out of interest how did you make them, attach a "U" shape metal to a backing plate or welded find to a plate.

Graham

I made the D shape then braised the ridges on. Painted black they look like the original.  And much cheaper.

Danny

21 hours ago, Works Spitfires said:

Poor old Joe who spent over 6 months scanning in all the factory parts books, and then making them interactive for our on-line catalogue. I watched all the life drain out of him!

Well, tell him it's appreciated! A job well done.