Sound insulation gearbox tunnel

Hi,

With the car in several pieces due to a gearbox replacement, I thought I would insulate the inside of the gearbox tunnel to make it a little quieter but I  can’t seem to find a good provider of the insulation. 

Does anyone here have any recommendations where I could get some please? 

Thanks in advance

M

M.

I used SilentCoat sound and heat deadening inside the tunnel, buy a pack on Fleabay. Comes with a sticky side, which is STICKY!

I also put it on the bulkhead which seals holes through to the engine bay.

Having bought far too much I did the floor and door panels. I can't say I noticed much difference, but on the tunnel and bulk head, yes!

Here is one of many 

Silent Coat Sound Deadening 2mm Compact 10 Sheets Pack Car Van Damping Mat | eBay

Doug

Edited by dougbgt6

28 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

M.

I used SilentCoat sound and heat deadening inside the tunnel, buy a pack on Fleabay. Comes with a sticky side, which is STICKY!

I also put it on the bulkhead which seals holes through to the engine bay.

Having bought far too much I did the floor and door panels. I can't say I noticed much difference, but on the tunnel and bulk head, yes!

Here is one of many 

Silent Coat Sound Deadening 2mm Compact 10 Sheets Pack Car Van Damping Mat | eBay

Doug

I have used similar self adhesive sound deadening sheets from eBay on my GT6 and TR6.

It's sticks well and reduces sound and heat transmission to the cabin. I've no idea if the more expensive types e.g. Dynamat are any more effective.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Clark