Concours Vitesse

Gary Flinn

47 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Looks very nice, just for fun I tried to find any faults but it looks well done and the paint is excellent. (bar that horrendous clutch pipe!! Why oh why???)

Screenshot2024-04-24at12_44_08.png.b2fe72a0ca054ebd271c570748d524a8.png

Colin

I think I could live with that?😁

I'm going to view it on Saturday (If it doesn't sell in the meantime)

What do you think it's worth.

Gary

On 24/04/2024 at 20:42, Paul H said:

I see it’s been sold today 

Paul 

Yes

To say I'm gutted is an understatement😔

I had a message off the owner Pete Wednesday Teatime saying sorry and that it had sold.

Maybe I should have booked a day off work on Tuesday and travelled down sooner, it was a 6 hour round journey for me though and I believe someone locally got the car?

The search continues

Gary

It's soul-destroying some times; my daughter is currently house-buying and after waiting ages for something nice to come along, they view, bid, and then something happens (often seemingly like an under the counter brown-envelope deal) and it gets sold to someone else, not necessarily the highest bidder either. Then the process begins again. The car for you will come along, just keep an eye open. (And remember the perfect car will only come along after you've bought one already and you'll spend hours poring over photographs, ignoring the faults, and wondering why you didn't hold on... when in reality it's no better than the one you have already. Done that.)

• Like 1

Colin

It was soul destroying when I got the message, the car looked exactly what I wanted (Apart from the price!) but he did tell me someone local was interested too.

I'm having a ride down to the SEM meet in a couple of weeks time so may well see the car on display at the show on Sunday.

I'm also hoping there may be a couple of Vitesse's advertised for sale at the show too, I continue to live in hope🙄

Gary