Herald 1360 door rubbers

h[Gearbox and clutch now fitted and trying to get back on the road ready for some shows problem is drivers door in particular keeps popping open - have read various threads about the nightmares regarding alignment issues and keep coming up with issue of door rubbers I attach photo of my door rubbers can someone kindly tell me if these are correct and if not what can I do about them - also has anyone got a picture of the correct seals. One further question with regard front seats - are these handed? asI notice that passenger seat appears to go to right and drivers to left which makes the pedals awkwardly offset.   Looking forward to being put in the right direction.  Matt

Herald Door Rubber.jpg

Haerald 2 - Copy.jpg

Is the door latch working properly as once made it shouldnt pop open again no matter how pressure the seals might be putting on the door? However if your sure the mechanism is in good order its possible the seal isnt allowing the latch to engage completely. You could confirm this by either closing the door even harder or removing the seal to prove the latch...

The seats are identical and can be swopped over (worth doing as driver side most worn) but they are mounted differently each side so that they raise to one side or another. Unfortunately the photos in the manual arent very clear but you have to chose the correct holes for the hinge bolts and over the years many have now been incorrectly assembled...

I use COH Baines flap-type seals, (DX73?) not bubble seals which hold the doors too far outwards and may affect the closing / security of the door catches.

Incidentally, whether right or wrong the bit that you've photographed is where I always start and end the seal so that it gives me a tight 90 degree fit into that top corner. Might not be factory, but it works for me!

IMG_8042.thumb.jpeg.0075439fe8a1a81a142e4499d279e906.jpeg

As Johnny says the seats can be angled by using different mounting holes; originally intended so that the seats tilted at an angle to better clear the B-post, they can also be used to change the angle slightly. In my estate there was a very definite and awkward-looking angle to the seats until I swapped them over on the rails, when they became much more in line.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I use COH Baines flap-type seals, (DX73?) not bubble seals which hold the doors too far outwards and may affect the closing / security of the door catches.

Incidentally, whether right or wrong the bit that you've photographed is where I always start and end the seal so that it gives me a tight 90 degree fit into that top corner. Might not be factory, but it works for me!

IMG_8042.thumb.jpeg.0075439fe8a1a81a142e4499d279e906.jpeg

As Johnny says the seats can be angled by using different mounting holes; originally intended so that the seats tilted at an angle to better clear the B-post, they can also be used to change the angle slightly. In my estate there was a very definite and awkward-looking angle to the seats until I swapped them over on the rails, when they became much more in line.

Thanks for reply been onto Bains site and they don't list any seals for Triumph Herald so any other suggestions 

8 hours ago, matt embleton said:

Thanks for reply been onto Bains site and they don't list any seals for Triumph Herald so any other suggestions 

The other thing people have done is to slice open the bubble seal type you have all the way round so that it effectively becomes a flap style...

Thanks everyone- I removed my bubble seal and the doors closed fully lock didn't fully engage without pulling door back a tad as striker plate needs adjusting now to work on door height adjustment. I will be ordering the correct seals in the meantime I might get a razor blade on the bubble seals and  make it into a flap seal -but still a lot of other things to do! One thing for sure I am certainly learning as I go and I hope I never have to remove gearbox and clutch on a Herald at 76 years old my body is nowhere supple enough!

Herald 4 - Copy.jpg

Just heard from Baines and co they confirm no listing for Herald and suggest DX71 or DX85 ( both of which appear to be bubble seals) and offered to send samples so have requested these + a sample of DX73

22 hours ago, matt embleton said:

Just heard from Baines and co they confirm no listing for Herald and suggest DX71 or DX85 ( both of which appear to be bubble seals) and offered to send samples so have requested these + a sample of DX73

I bought about four metres of the stuff from them for my estate and the same for my convertible and can confirm it works very well, also on boots! It allows the doors to be positioned to suit the gaps and closing lines without pushing against them, as the bubble type does. With the convertible, I had ordered the same quantity as the estate so had so much left over it not only worked on the boot but can be used as the rubber strips between front valence and bonnet too. Good stuff!

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I bought about four metres of the stuff from them for my estate and the same for my convertible and can confirm it works very well, also on boots! It allows the doors to be positioned to suit the gaps and closing lines without pushing against them, as the bubble type does. With the convertible, I had ordered the same quantity as the estate so had so much left over it not only worked on the boot but can be used as the rubber strips between front valence and bonnet too. Good stuff!

Thanks Colin intend to order